Sunday, January 29, 2012

"There is nothing worse than"
Currently:
Reading: Twitter
Watching: Bond of Silence, some Lifetime Movie
Listening: A random mix of songs stuck in my head, but I'll share this: 
                  "Fix Me Jesus" by Queen Latifah
Fix me Jesus, fix me
Oh fix me, oh fix me, oh fix me
Fix me Jesus, fix me
I love how a simple shopping spree can spawn a day long project.
I have an old bulletin board that someone gave me. It was a third generation hand me down by the time it came into my possession. It's this weird gray, blue, speckled color and it's definitely not pretty. But I use it anyway, because how do you turn up a free way to organize?
Well, Wednesday after running a few errands, a friend asked my mom and I if we would like to go to a craft store with her. And, well, my mom has never turned down an opportunity to stock up on yarn or patterns. But while they gawked at yarn and craft books, I found myself in the clearance sections. Where I found this gorgeous black and white material... for two dollars. And in case you didn't notice my room happens to be black and white. So I then I ventured into the ribbon section and found spools of ribbon at two-fifty a piece!!! And so the amazing project began... Please enjoy the transformation from a blase bulletin board to a, what I think, is a pretty awesome way to organize jewelry.
Said ugly bulletin board!
Awesome(ly) cheap ribbon

Measuring the ribbon to fit the corners
Attaching the ribbon's
And the final board before jewelry was attached
Can I just say you can never have enough push pins!
And this is what it looks like now hanging on my wall!

 The project definitely took longer than I thought, and it was definitely altered from the original concept I had in my head, but I'm pretty darn happy with it!
"a sharp image of a fuzzy concept." ~Ansel Adams

1 comment: