Monday, January 2, 2012

Journey

"The road leading toward a goal"
Currently:
Reading: The words that God used to define me
A mystery that fascinates me
His are the greatest kings and presidents
Are all pawns on a chess board in the palm of His hand
He shuffles them about then he orders their step

And we already know how it ends
The strongest enemy, he never wins
And what was meant for then is for today
Don't let the blood poured out be in vain

What are we waiting for
I hear a church that's been crying out for more
But there's a well overflowing
Still she is searching for water

And we have access to the greatest victory
Waiting in the round for it to be completed
Cause we don't really believe that the enemies defeated
What are we waiting, what are we waiting... for?
"does not separate you from the destination;"
Today is one of those days, perfect for snuggling up on the couch. And that was not what I did today. Well not all day. I couldn't sit still any longer. I attacked my kitchen. I tossed everything from my fridge that was spoiled or on the verge of turning. I wiped down the the shelves and rearranged it. I unloaded my dishwasher and reloaded it. I made a run to the grocery store and made this warm and filling dish from Fresh and Foodie, Lentils with Brown Rice and Feta. It it such a set it and forget it dish that sticks to your inside and warms you up! However due to my aversion of raw tomatoes, mine was sans the bright pop of red!


After dinner I took a shower, tried my new heat-less curling method, and sat down snuggled up with my laptop to work on something I hadn't taken the time to work on until now. My goals for two-thousand twelve. I know, I should have done them before now. But I hadn't felt the need. Then inspiration struck, and my thought provoking place did it's job. So I pulled up a new document, focused on five main categories, and pounded it out. Two pages later, I feel relieved that I have clear vision of what I want to accomplish in the next year. And with it came the subtle reminder of who I really am, who God has defined me as, and at the end of the day that His plans are the only one's that matter.
"it is essentially a part of it." ~Charles DeLint

No comments:

Post a Comment