Sunday, January 15, 2012

Jumpers, Jackets, Jeans

"To be a fashionable woman is to know yourself, know what you represent, and know what works for you."
Currently:
Watching: The Golden Globes
They’re sugar and spice and angel wings
And hell on wheels and tight blue jeans
A summer night, down by the lake
An old memory that you can’t shake
They’re hard to find, yet there’s so many of ’em
The way that you hate, that you already love ’em
But I guess that’s the way it’s supposed to be

They smile, that smile
They bat those eyes
They steal you with "hello"
They kill you with "goodbye"
They hook you with one touch and you can’t break free
Yeah, the trouble with girls is nobody loves trouble as much as me

"To be "in fashion" could be a disaster on ninety percent of women."
So as I mentioned in my last post how I rearranged my bedroom Monday. Here is what it ended up looking like:
 I am still loving the new arrangement and all the open space it has given me! It feels spectacular to walk in my room and not be concerned I'll bump into something. What you can't see in the picture is the closet directly to the left and in the corner beyond the closet and next to my mirrored dresser is a chest of drawers with my television in it. However this rearrangement has brought attention to something I haven't payed much attention to lately.
My CLOSET!!!:
 Since I have been trying to make sure I turn my television off when I go to bed at night, my closet is the first thing I see in the morning. As I peer into it every morning, one thought has continually crossed my mind. Who is the person that owns this closet!?!?!? I mean if you pulled out random pieces of my closet you would find several different "people" or "styles" living in one space.
 This ensemble is something I've had for years, I couldn't even tell you where I got it from. It's a brown dress that buttons all the way down and has a one of those tricky belts. You know the kind with the two weird metal loops that you feed the material through... I feel like this outfit is a little old for me but I've worn it and loved it. It's my "mature" side.
 I got this little zip-up hoodie at a place called Jimmyz about an hour from my house. I got it while I was waiting on a boy I was meeting with. The sweatshirt has kept me more company... The boy has kept me constantly waiting... This is my punk side.
 I feel like every indie hipster kid owns some plaid flannel... here's mine. It was a gift... but I mostly love it for it's warmth.
 And this last little number is one of my preppier  pieces. It's also one of my most colorful. It's a tunic top I bought this year, and wow does it look bright in this picture.

So anyways, not a very interesting post this week, but I am stuck in my closet. This year I will be weeding through my clothes. I have held on to some of these things for far to long and I rarely wear them. Not to mention they do not fit my personality. I want my outside to reflect my inside. I've lost the weight, I've gotten healthy, and now I am getting one hundred percent fit. There WILL be muscle definition in my whole body. And my clothes will look, fit, and feel my body and personality.

What would your wardrobe say about you?
"You are not a page out of Vogue." ~Author Unknown
So this is what I was trying to articulate yesterday, but my head was in a thousand places and I just couldn't get the words out!
"To Be 'Fashioned'"

No comments:

Post a Comment