Thursday, January 5, 2012

Jetting in

"Each day learn something new,"
Currently:
Reading: I'm working on reading through the Bible in one year
Watching: The final episodes of Smallville
Listening: "The More I Seek You" by Kari Jobe
 
The more I seek you,
The more I find you
The more I find you, the more I love you
I wanna sit at your feet
Drink from the cup in your hand.
Lay back against you and breath, feel your heart beat
This love is so deep, it's more than I can stand.
I melt in your peace, it's overwhelming
"and just as important,"
 This week I have been trying to focus on making meals based on what we already had in the house. There was so much stuff in my cupboards I didn't even know what we had because I've been eating based on what I see on TV or recipes from my favorite blogs. So, I attempted to make homemade spaghetti sauce for the first time. And... it was SPECTACULAR. Everything in it was items we normally stock in our pantry,  except for the tomato paste which I'm guessing cost us under a dollar when we bought it! I liked it so much better than the pre-made jar sauces that cost at least three dollars! My house smelled so good when it was done! All in all, SUCCESS!

In other news, after weeks of feeling like I was in an awful funk, something clicked and I finally feel back to my "good" pre Christmas crank self. I really believe having my goals set for two-thousand twelve kick started me back on track. Having something to work for is such a good motivation. But even more so than that, realizing that having goals just to have them means absolutely nothing. If there is no heart behind my goals, all it is is words. So last night, I started knocking out some of my goals. It felt amazing. I went to bed feeling ready to rest, and woke up feeling refreshed! Had a pretty fabulous day because of it. Hopefully your working on your goals too! Stay encouraged!
"relearn something old." ~Robert Brault

No comments:

Post a Comment