Sunday, December 18, 2011

Drilling Discipline

"Movement is a medicine"
Currently:
Reading: Dictionary.com
Watching: A myriad of channels in the matter of a minute
Listening:"Go Hard" by Lecrae ft. Tedashii

Take me out the game coach
I don't wanna play no mo
If can't give it all I got and leave it out there on the court
Thank you for the Grace for the will and the desire
Got me
Living for your glory stead of living to retire
But I pray I'll never tire of Going hard for Messiah
I don't need no motivation You the reason I'm inspired.

Go Hard
Go Home, Go Hard
Go Home
"for creating change in a person's"
When I was a teenager and the world seemed wrong, my answer was not to eat. If I didn't eat, I could just slowly take myself out of the equation. It's so strange to see myself, all these years later, doing the very opposite. Because now when my world is wrong, I workout. I choose to make myself stronger, instead of trying to make myself disappear. The funniest part of it all is I am thinner and healthier than the girl who was starving herself. And I talk to that little girl I was, and I ask her what she was thinking. I ask her how she didn't know there was a love that would change her life. A love that would carry her through.
I have found a lot about myself through working out. I've found that working out calms me, even though I literally am getting myself pumped up. I feel closer to God when I work out, because I feel like I am cleaning out His temple. I have a love hate relationship with laughing after I work out because my abs are going crazy. Working out helps me focus. It helps me think. It creates discipline. And it's been proven that people who work out are happier. Plus you have more endurance throughout the day because you're building endurance as you continue to workout.
I've found there is no WRONG way to workout. There are unsafe ways, but not wrong. You do what works for you. I've found that while I feel like I should be the runner type... I'm not... unless it's on a treadmill. I like to go on fast paced walks. But I would rather be in my house with the music going to keep a beat/pace with, even if the song changes paces... I use the change as intervals. And it's really not safe to run with headphones by yourself. I like to focus on certain areas of my body on certain days of the week instead of doing them all at one time. It doesn't matter how long I work out as long as I do it.
So right now my fitness goal is to workout three times a week again. I am focusing on wedding abs, ten months to get my abs together and my love handles down for my bridesmaid's dress. I don't know why. I guess it's just an excuse to finally finish defining my ab pack. If you're curious how here's the video I'm using plus a little dancing it out to Lecrae and Paper Tongues.


"physical, emotional, and mental states." ~Carol Welch

No comments:

Post a Comment