Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Document

"Real birthdays are not annual affairs."
Currently:
Reading: Finished "Longing", now I need a new one!
Watching:Nothing particularly fascinating, just the lights from different directions
Listening: "Get Higher" by Paper Tongues

Get higher, and higher, and higher
When my back's against the wall, you're the hand that breaks my fall
Climb higher, and higher, and higher
When my back's against the wall, you're the hand that breaks my fall

Take me to a place for romance
You can choose the space and for this
I can hardly breathe, it's so deep
My hands begin to shake with frailty

You will not escape my embrace
'Cause I'll be holding on with violence
Everything I have is yours now

So the time is now, just don't let me down
Oh the time is now, please don't let me down

"Real birthdays are the days..."
Six months ago today...
I turned twenty-two.
Six months from now...
well, obviously, I'll be twenty-three. 
But six months ago
I also started this thing called "Show Me Again...". 

I'm so thankful that God put it on my heart to publicly share what I was learning in a time when I was really struggling with the idea of learning at all. The journey I took through my twenty-first year was the most difficult journey I had taken in awhile. But it brought me here, to a place where I've learned to love God passionately outside the four-walled confines of a church. Because this was the only place I could find Him. In the silence. Alone. No one telling me that I had to do it, just getting to a place where I couldn't do it without Him. I had to CHOOSE Him. 
Don't get me wrong, I am anxious to have the means to get to a church again, to be part of a community again; but this season without one has grown me just as much. This season of openly pouring my heart out to the God who already knows... it's not always been easy, but it has been so rich. 
One thing I learned in Master's is that a lesson learned is never best kept to yourself. It's meant to be shared, so as we grow in Christ, we can help grow each other. So I hope you've enjoyed learning with me over the past six months. I hope it's been as painful and as difficult as it was for me. And I also hope it's been as rewarding. 
This was started to document my twenty-second year... six more months left to go.
"when we have a new birth." ~Ralph Parlette

No comments:

Post a Comment