Friday, November 4, 2011

Moments

"We don't see things..."
Currently:
Reading: "Praying God's Word: Day by Day" by Beth Moore
Watching: Flashbacks
Listening:"You're Not Alone" by Rick Pino

You're not alone
You're not alone
He knows all your pain
He knows all your pain

I pray his peace, his peace over you
His love washing over you
It's a good medicine
It's a good medicine
Your love, your love is a good medicine 
"...as they are,"
I had all the intentions in the world of daily documenting this journey I'm taking with The Daddy, and then yesterday happened. It all seems oddly humorous now as I "watch" my day unfold. You see the reason I didn't write yesterday because I rolled out of bed and had already been called into work so I was going to write when I got home... and then I got hit by a car as somebody was taking me home.
"we see them..."
I'm not seriously injured. I banged up my right are pretty bad but the x-rays are all clear, just some muscle/tissue bruising. But as I look throughout my day, I find myself so thankful. Ironic I know. Thankful for the day I got in a car accident. But I'm thankful that something in my spirit told be even though I was in a hurry that morning to give God the first part of my day. Thankful that I was able to work yesterday. Thankful that in the quiet moments throughout my day I kept talking to Him because I felt I hadn't given Him my all that morning, even though I knew I was giving Him my first. Thankful that I was thinking about all my blessings when I turned to see those headlights coming at my side of the car. A thousand times thankful. Thankful that in the midst of firefighters, a frantic driver, and rushing to find my cell phone to call my mom that a calm came over me. I stopped in that moment, took in everything around me, and stopped to thank Jesus that we were all going to be okay. There was no blood, no broken bones, the driver of the other vehicle was fine, my driver and I will be okay, just some bumps and bruises. I'm thankful that God stands on the side of justice, and that everyone had the same account. I'm thankful for the lawyer's office who allowed me to come in from the rain while I waited for the officer to be done with the paper work. And the hospital staff who was so kind and patient. This morning I'm just reminded that God is my peace in the storm. That He is a good God, who covers His children. And that no matter what may try to come against me that it has already been overcome.

“I have told you these things, so that in me you may have peace. In this world you will have trouble. But take heart! I have overcome the world.”
"as we are."~ Anais Nin
 I am thankful but let me tell you there will be NO workouts today!

No comments:

Post a Comment