Sunday, November 27, 2011

Manic Monday or Holiday

"Happiness is an attitude."
Currently:
Reading: Waiting to get to the bookstore to buy, "Longing" by Karen Kingsbury
Listening: "Hello Seattle" by Owl City

 Hello Seattle, I am an old lighthouse
Throwing beams of bright lights
Red in the morning, blue in the evening sun
Taking heed from everyone

Hello Seattle, I am a mountaineer
In the hills and highlands
I fall asleep in hospital parking lots

Take me above your light
Carry me through the night
Hold me secure in flight
Sing me to sleep tonight
 "We either make ourselves miserable,"
The random words of this song adequately describes my entire week. A random mess of words that somehow serves to make sense at the end of the week, and thankful that you survived to listen to the message at the end.
That was my week in a nutshell. And after my LONG holiday weekend in retail, I am excited to say that today was my "Friday". Everything was a success on the work front and everything went relatively smooth. My fears were relieved.
"...or happy and strong."
 In all the hubbub, I came to realize a few things over the past week. The first is that you can decide what kind of outlook you want to have. The second is even if you decide the outlook, it's only going to be amazing when you've handed it over to God. The third is that when we give Him everything thanksgiving is bountiful. I'm grateful for what I've learned. I'm thankful that He is so in love with me, that He gave me everything I've needed and more. And that He's teaching me so much about who I am. That He's molding and shaping me to be the person that shines Him. Because I sat there through everything telling people that we would make it, cheering them on when we made it through a big rush. And when one of them saw me this morning, she told me her day got better because I was there. I pray that God continues to make me this woman. A woman that makes peoples day better because He has made me and is radiating through me. Are you radiating Him?
"The amount of work is the same." ~Francesca Reigler

No comments:

Post a Comment