Friday, November 18, 2011

Magnificent

"The angels are so enamored of the language spoken in heaven..."
Currently:
Reading: Re-reading "Learning" by Karen Kingsbury
Watching: The sun shining on my stain glass window
Listening:"Captivated" by Shawn McDonald

'Cause I am, I'm captivated by You
In all that You do
I am, I'm captivated

The wind and the clouds and the blue in the sky
The sun and the moon and the stars so high
The sand on the shore and the waves in the sea
The air in my lungs and the way You made me
"...that they will not distort their lips with the hissing and unmusical dialects of men,"
Last night I sat on my couch reflecting on how enamored I am with God, my Father and at the same time the Lover of My Soul. I am so in love with Him right now. In this time of fasting, I am STILL thinking about Him, even in the hour or so I watch television with my mother, even as I fall asleep, even as I am ringing people up at work, even as I am in the break-room and people are engaging me in a conversation about someone else. God is sensitizing my heart.
"but speak their own,"
I am so aware right now of God moving. He's breaking my heart for what breaks His, but I am by no means a perfect person. And I never will be. But I can strive to make my heart like His. I can strive to fall in love with this Abba Father that I have no words for. I can stand so captivated in His presence. That even in the moments I fail, He speaks.
He continues to speak to me in the silence of His written word, 
"Consider him who endured such opposition from sinners, 
so that you will not grow weary and lose heart."
in the moments He whispers to correct my mind and heart. 
"The LORD works righteousness
   and justice for all the oppressed.
"
He speaks loudly at times to be heard over all my white noise.
"Yes, I am God.
   I've always been God
   and I always will be God.
No one can take anything from me.
   I make; who can unmake it?" 


"whether they be understood or not."   ~Ralph Waldo Emerson

No comments:

Post a Comment