Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Meaningful

"To speak and to speak..."
Currently:
Reading: PrayFit Daily
Watching:Pictures of things that matter
Listening:"Lifesong" by Casting Crowns
May the words I say
And the things I do
Make my lifesong sing
Bring a smile to You

Let my lifesong sing to You
Let my lifesong sing to You
I want to sign Your name to the end of this day
Knowing that my heart was true
Let my lifesong sing to You
"...well are two things."
 I had an interesting response this morning when I woke up and thought to jump on Facebook and see what the world had to say while I slept, and then quickly realized I had deleted it. But then I curled up with my devotional and Bible (both also known as my laptop these days (can we say I need to disconnect?) ) and quickly found the things said in them so much more worthy of my time than anything a human being could say.

"A fool may talk,"
 I am realizing more and more, even as I write this, that my words are nothing if they don't reflect the Source of Light.
We have been called for such a great purpose.
"Then Jesus came to them and said, “All authority in heaven and on earth has been given to me. Therefore go and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, 
and teaching them to obey everything I have commanded you."
Everyday I communicate with my whole being. Do I look like what I stand for?
"Friends, you and I represent the Reason for our call; 
in how we speak, work, live...and move…
Say something."
Everyday I say something, I represent someone.
"With the tongue we praise our Lord and Father, 
and with it we curse human beings, 
who have been made in God’s likeness."
Even if my tongue seems to represent two Masters, one will stand out more.
"You can't worship two gods at once. 
Loving one god, you'll end up hating the other. 
Adoration of one feeds contempt for the other."
At the end of the day, whether I have said a thousand words or been completely silent, I represent someone, I reflect someone. My speech, my attitude, my body language all speak volumes on their own. When the sun goes down and I'm crawling into bed, the people I have come in contact with have seen someone... Is it me or is it Christ in me? Do they see the foolish or the wise? Because...
"A fool may talk, but the wise speaks."
Day 2
"but a wise man speaks." ~Ben Jonson

No comments:

Post a Comment