Monday, September 26, 2011

Letters to P ~ Announcement

Today is a special kind of post... one that I am writing to document my love for a friend. And her beautiful baby that's growing inside of her. So I will be forgoing the general format on this blog for the evening for the sake of documenting this journey just a little bit from an outside perspective.

Dear Baby P,
I am your Aunt Tricia. And today I found out I get to meet you in just over 6 months!!! I have been an aunt before. Two times already actually. But you are special. Because you, my dear child, are not really my niece/nephew. But I love you as such, because your mommy and I have been friends for 10+ years. I live far away so I won't get to watch you grow everyday, but I will always be there for your big moments. Because your mom and I have always prayed each other through them. And even though I'm far away our friendship has only gotten stronger.
Your mom is such an amazing lady. I call her an angel. She's always so sweet and gentle. She always gives herself to others, no matter what. She is strong. She is brave. And out of all my friends I can say I knew your mom would be the first. The first to get married. The first to have a kid. And she is.
So today is the first day. The first day I've known you were coming. and the day I've already fallen in love with you.
I will see you in 7 months. After you've come and found your place in this world. After you have settled in to your wonderful family. After you have instantly changed the lives of everyone around you.
But until then we are waiting for you. With open arms!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment