Thursday, September 22, 2011

Season's Serenade- BONUS POST

"The mellow, messy, leaf-kicking, perfect pause,"
Reading: Not a whole lot reading... more like a whole lot of working, and writing, and web chatting
Watching: Season premiers on CBS... pretty much all of them
Listening:"Coming Clean" by Hilary Duff

Let the rain fall down
And wake my dreams
Let it wash away
My sanity

'Cause I wanna feel the thunder
I wanna scream
Let the rain fall down
I'm coming clean, I'm coming clean

Hello again, friends. In case you haven't looked outside your window lately, or in case the view outside your window hasn't changed like mine yet... It's fall!!! Well tomorrow anyways! But it's already in full force here... leaves have changed color, as well as fallen on the ground.  The seasonal vegetables are growing. And we have finally had a whole solid week out of 90's!!! Don't get me wrong, I've enjoyed my slightly bronzed skin, but it has been too hot for too long. The Bible definitely talks about how there is a season for everything, and I find the beauty in each transition and turn of the seasons most of all. But for now here is my ode to autumn, 50 reasons I love about fall in no particular order, because I just couldn't decide.
  1. A nice trench
  2. All the lovely root vegetables coming in.
  3. All things cinnamon.
  4. Autumn flowers
  5. Being able to drink hot drinks comfortably again. Ready for some cider.
  6. Bonfires.
  7. Boot season! Already on the hunt for my first pair of grownup fashion boots. (I know, silly, but its the simple things)
  8. Bouquets of freshly sharpened pencils, can you catch the reference?
  9. Candy Corn! YUM!
  10. Children's Cancer Awareness Month.
  11. Chubby little squirrels.
  12. Cool breezes with calm sunny days.
  13. Cozy socks.
  14. Daylight Savings
  15. Duck ponds.
  16. Enjoying carmel apples again.
  17. Fall soccer season.
  18. Flannel. Sheets. Shirts. Sleepwear.
  19. Football Season.
  20. Fun and funky scarves.
  21. God's sponge painting the mountains.
  22. Hayrides.
  23. Heavy Mason jars.
  24. Horseback rides on the trails.
  25. Is anyone else ready to pull out their hoodies?!?!?!
  26. Jumping in piles of leaves.
  27. Leather, suede, and fleece
  28. Leaves stomping... have to love the good crunchy ones.
  29. Leggings are back!
  30. Little kids in adorable costumes
  31. Loving all the wild things that grow when everything else finds its time to die.
  32. Nice hiking weather.
  33. Pie. Mmmmmmm PIE!
  34. Plaid.
  35. Preparing for the holidays.
  36. Pulling out the fall colors named after foods, like chocolate, and pumpkin, and cranberry, and eggplant. Love the deep richness of them all!
  37. Snuggling with mom's blankets.
  38. Snugly sweaters.
  39. Soups. Stews. And Chilli.
  40. Thanksgiving.
  41. The changing of music... ya know different music for the seasons, ok maybe just me
  42. The difference of an Autumn rain
  43. The early morning fog where you can see your breath
  44. The light festival
  45. The smell of burning leaves
  46. The smell of old textbooks.
  47. Warm oatmeal.
  48. Warm vanilla candles.... man I'm getting relaxed just writing this list.
  49. Watching the kids go to school... its the marking of time. A sign they're getting older.
  50. Wreathes














 I would have loved to have these with the appropriate item on the list... unfortunately it was being non-cooperative. :-/ but here are my photos none-the-less.
"...between the opposing miseries of summer and winter."  ~Carol Bishop Hipps

No comments:

Post a Comment