Sunday, September 11, 2011

Skewed Scheme

"There is a purpose to our lives,"

Reading: "Crazy Love" by Francis Chan
(Still working on "Brave Girl Eating", but I have to take it a little at a time)
Watching:Flight 93
Listening:"Crazy Love" by Hawk Nelson
They say it sounds insane
we say that we've been changed by the power of crazy love
This world, it looks at us like we're ridiculous
Baby, it's all because of crazy love

We know it sounds absurd, we don't get what we deserve
It's by grace we are saved!
So a week ago today, I started "Crazy Love" for real. When I say for real, I mean with focus, intent to finish,  and an open spirit. And boy, has that open spirit been filled. I knew that the book would be good from all the rave reviews and the excerpts that I had read with others. I thought I would read the book and feel all warm and fuzzy from God's crazy love for me, but I had no idea how much I would feel called to action.
It's challenged me so much, I had to write words on my ankles to remind me that is how I should walk as a Christian. Words like Wholesome, Grace, Joyous, and Contentment. It's made me seriously think about the way I relate to God, people, my finances, my job, my "needs".
Because in order to live I have to give it all away. In order to experience it all I have to die to myself. When was the last time I lived my faith out loud? When was the last time I was different from everybody else? Or have I just been thinking I can skate by at a lukewarm temperature. The Bible says God spews out the lukewarm. It makes Him sick!!! So what am I doing?
I will finish Crazy Love on Tuesday. But I think its something that will challenge me over and over again. If you haven't read it... it's worth the time.
"...that each day tugs at our sleeve as an annoying distraction."  ~Robert Brault

No comments:

Post a Comment