Sunday, October 30, 2011

Old Overturn

 "Bring the past..."
Reading: Reading and re-writing the story of my life
Watching: "Boy Meets World"
Listening:"I Am Understood?" by Relient K
 
You're the only one who understands completely
You're the only one knows me yet still loves completely

And sometimes the place I'm at is at a loss for words
If I think of something worthy I know that its already yours
And through the times I've faded and you've outlined me again
You've just patiently waited, to bring me back and then

This year has been a lot about me moving forward. But in order to move forward you sometimes have to look back.
Life is such a rare combination of past decisions meets future dreams. I have found myself so abundantly thankful over the past few weeks for the people who have surrounded me and shaped me over the past twenty-two years. The friends who are willing to stand next to me through big dreams and decided failures. Through insurmountable joy and crushing sadness and pain. I have so many fears but when I am surrounded by my friends I am  courageous. So I'll keep striving ahead knowing people are pushing behind me. Encouraging me, praying with me, walking beside me. And knowing we can look back together to remember and move forward.
"...only if you are going to build from it." 
~Domenico Cieri Estrada

1 comment:

  1. just wanted to let you know babygirl...
    i've been looking forward to reading ur blogpost all day!!!
    it makes my week...

    ReplyDelete