Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Letters to Baby P- Introduction

Dear Baby P,

     It's been a month since your mommy text me the news of your coming arrival. It took her five texts just to tell me there was a baby in her belly. Silly mommy!!! But I love her for it. And I love that I woke up at five in the morning and found that special text and couldn't go back to sleep, because I was so excited. Because I am so anxious to meet you!
     I remember the first time someone told me about your Mom. I was in seventh grade and a friend of your mom's (and mine) was talking about her. He told me we would get along great. And we met one day with that friend in the hallway of our junior high. I never would have guessed that day that ten years later she would be one of my very best friends. That we would laugh and cry together, that we would intercede for each other, talk about our hopes and dreams, including comparing the really weird ones we had while we slept.
     And you are only the beginning of one of her biggest dreams come true, becoming a mother. And in case you forgot she is going to be an AMAZING one. Or is... because, well, you won't be reading this for a while. She is being such a trooper through her pregnancy, even though you seem to be keeping her feeling pretty icky right now. Except for Sundays, which I hope is because you were born to be a worshiper and you know that while all days are meant for worship, that Sunday is set aside specifically for that purpose. My prayers right now for you are consumed with three things: that you and your mommy continue to grow healthy and strong, that you come safely when you are supposed to and the right size, and that you will realize your number one purpose in life is to worship God.
      But we will have a lifetime to watch you grow and to point you daily towards the Father.
Until then we are waiting for you. With open arms!!!

Aunt T

No comments:

Post a Comment