Sunday, October 9, 2011

Obsession

"Passion is universal humanity."

Reading: My life is my novel right now
Watching: "Criminal Minds"
What can I do with my obsession
With the things I cannot see
Is there madness in my being
Is it the wind that moves the trees?
Sometimes You're further than the moon
Sometimes You're closer than my skin
And You surround me like a winter fog
You've come and burned me with a kiss

And my heart burns for You
And my heart burns...for You

Passion: An intense desire or enthusiasm for something.
     I started this blog 4 months ago, with the desire to know myself more. To live life daily pursuing the things I love; then sharing how I found them, how I found myself in them. 
I've learned that I love to share my thoughts with all of you, even though it seems as though no one may be listening.
I've learned to love food and the benefits it brings to us. And how to make it new and interesting!
I've learned to love my body and the way it works. And how I can make it work.
And been reminded of the beauty of looking at things through a lens!
I love my friends to death. But the down side to all this is that I give my passions to so many things that I at times forget my obsessions.
Obsession: An idea or thought that continually preoccupies or intrudes on a person's mind.
     It's easy to get caught up in the cycle of life and see mu passions as obsessions, and make my true obsession just a fleeting passion. I don't want to live my life so indulged in the dramas of everyday, and trying to make everyday happy, that I forget the truth. That everything I have, and am, and will be. Over the years I known my passions will change. I know I am passionate about the career I am pursuing. Maybe someday I will be passionate about a man, and the family he brings. Maybe someday I'll be passionate about an orphanage in another country. But the truth is that all my passions with the wrong obsession are worth nothing. God be my magnificent obsession!
"Without it religion, history, romance and art would be useless." ~Honoré de Balzac

No comments:

Post a Comment