Sunday, October 23, 2011

Outlook

"Most of the shadows in this life..."
Reading: New book soon!!!
Watching: "Get Smart"
Listening: I Have 2 songs stuck in my head right now
                    "Smile" by Judy Garland
 
Smile though your heart is aching
Smile, even though it's breaking
When there are clouds, in the sky, you'll get by
If you smile, through your fear and sorrow
Smile, and there'll be tomorrow

You'll see the sun come shining through
If you'll just....
                     "High of 75" by Relient K

And now I'm sunny with a High of 75
Since You took my heavy heart
And made it light
And its funny how you find
You enjoy your life
When you're happy to be alive
 
     In case you haven't noticed today's theme... Well I guess you should just stop reading because if you haven't figured it out by now, you're not going to figure it out.

     Last week was messy. I was an emotional wreck. And yet there were no tears involved.  But yet here we are a week later and the situation hasn't been resolved, I've just changed my outlook on it.
     Over the past 4 months I've learned so much about myself, my character, and my life. One of the major things I've had to examine is my day to day outlook. So often as human beings we tend to want to sit staring at an empty glass when we have such a simple way to fill the glass back up. Yesterday, after almost a week of being hurt, offended, and angry, I realized I hadn't released any of my emotions to God. I was sitting in a puddle of resentment without trying to get out of it. And so I handed it all over. Everything I was feeling, everything I was thinking, everything that was eating away at me. I told God that no matter how my day went, that it was His. It didn't matter if everything went wrong as long as my focus was on Him. And can I just tell you it was like the clouds parted and the sun started shining down. Literally... and emotionally. I know that my peace is not based on emotions. But I am certainly glad to know that in the midst of everything, I can still smile. And walk day by day with Him when my emotions don't feel like they're mixed with peace.
"...are caused by our standing in our own sunshine." ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson

No comments:

Post a Comment