Sunday, March 18, 2012

Maintenance

"Better a thousand times careful"
Currently:
Reading: Rereading "Leaving" by Karen Kingsbury
Watching: Once Upon A Time
Listening: "Dream" by Priscilla Ahn.

I was a little girl
Alone in my little world
Who dreamed of a little home for me.
I played pretend between the trees,
And fed my house guests bark and leaves,
And laughed in my pretty bed of green.

I had a dream
That I could fly
From the highest swing.
I had a dream.

Long walks in the dark
Through woods grown behind the park,
I asked God who I'm supposed to be.
The stars smiled down on me,
God answered in silent reverie.
I said a prayer and fell asleep.
 
"than once..."
This week was rough. Made my heart ache a bit. This week was full of introspection as several circumstances and conversations made me seriously look at the way I view the world. I don't have a lot of words today. I'm stuck in this place. It hurts. It's good. It's bad. It's upside down. But lets let truth find its way. 
For the first time in my life I felt truly unsafe in circumstances that seemed perfectly fine. And it just made me vulnerable. At the same time it made me fight harder. I've worked out more. I've found myself looking deeper. 
But still there's times where I feel like the purple people eater could get me.
 "...dead." ~Proverb

No comments:

Post a Comment