Friday, March 16, 2012

Letters to Baby P~ Memories

Dear (Sweet) Baby P,

One day your mom will tell you about the day she fell in love with your daddy. And that story will always be hers. But there is always an outside perspective...
I remember when your mommy started hanging out with your dad. They would go out at least once a weekend. And I would just laugh. Why you may ask? Because your mother INSISTED they were not dating. I remember for months she would talk about this guy she was hanging out with, and I would say ooooo you're going on a date. Your mother's immediate response was NO!!! it's not a date.
After almost a year your mom finally admitted that she was dating your dad. I remember she finally came to see me, and your dad couldn't leave her alone- even for a day! And I told your daddy, "You can't have her she's mine! And boy was I wrong!
I remember how timid your mother was to say she was dating your daddy, but when she truly started dating him her feelings were clear. I asked her one day if Mike asked you to marry him tomorrow, would you say yes? Her answer was resoundingly yes. 
Another year passed, as I was running around New York when I got the phone call, that felt like the beginning and the end all at once. Your dad had taken your mom to "their" bench and asked her to marry him. And of course she said yes.
Eight months later, your mother looked stunning as she walked down the aisle. The photos I saw of your dad with that first look down the aisle, said it all. They adored each other.
And eleven months to the day, you are cleared to be hear. While we hope you wait a few more weeks and make it to your due date.
I know this was such a short overview, and it seems sprinkled with magic dust. Well for the most part it was. But the truth is that every relationship will have its ups and downs, but all that matters is that God is the center and love is what matters.

No comments:

Post a Comment