Monday, June 6, 2011

Here I Am...

My mom told me the other day that she worries about me, because I get so focused on the goal that I miss the journey....



So many people say as a twenty something that you haven't experienced life. I wish those people could see the life I've lived. From the moment I was born I have been fighting; struggling to breathe, struggling to live, struggling to be- to just be here and just be me. From being flat-lined at birth, being raised by a single mom, having an eating disorder, being abused, suffering undiagnosable illness, leaving the home I've know most of life to live where I knew no one. To living single and childless still.
 
Having 3 of the best friends a girl could ever know, going to camps every summer, being the star in almost every show, singing my heart out from the age of 4. Being a daughter, little sister, and an aunt ( my greatest joy and title). Going to a bible school where I got to go to 7 states I'd never been to before. Working at the U.S. Tennis Open and PGA Golf Championship. KNOWING CHRIST.
But the thing is if you had asked me 10 yrs ago, or 10 months ago, or 10 weeks ago, or maybe even 10 days ago if this is the life I thought I'd have, if this is the women I thought I'd be; I would have instantly said no. Because life is constantly changing around me, and the plans I laid out are not the plans that laid out before me.

Welcome to my twenty- second year. Today marks the beginning. This year I am enrolling in college full-time as I work full-time, and re-entering the world outside of the work place. I know that I have purpose and passion and hopefully you will see it unfold as I discover who I am and develop my love of helping people, healthy living, and hopeful perspective. 

So I sing out "Show me again who I am, Show me again who I am, Remind me". This is not to you who reads this blog but the one who created me. This is my open book to the person I am becoming, asking God to remind me of the girl I once was, and the women He has called me to be.


... but it's not that I miss the journey on the way, it's that I can't appreciate it until I look back and see where it has taken me, until I look and see how far I've truly come.

No comments:

Post a Comment