Saturday, June 22, 2013

Jumble

"Time is what keeps"
Currently:
Reading: "The Scarlet Letter" by Nathaniel Hawthorne
Watching: Rizzoli & Isles



Listening: "Walk on the Water" by Britt Nicole


So what are you waiting for?
What do you have to lose?
Your insecurities try to alter you

You know you're made for more
So don't be afraid to move
Your faith is all
It takes in you
You can walk on the water too


"things from happening"
It has literally taken me days to write this post. I had one day off this week and I spent a majority of the day babysitting. So between covering shifts at work and my moms birthday, I have been tapped out and not much time to sit down and write. So forgive me if this seems a bit scattered. I'm trying my best here.

I had my wisdom teeth taken out a couple months ago and had to be on pain killers. Then my doctor put me on some medication that I had to take for several weeks. The symptoms were so awful I just wanted to curl up in a ball. I actually had to ask him to take me off of it because I was having such miserable side effects. Then immediately after I got off the medicine and got it out of my system I hit the road for Atlanta.
I know this may all seem random, but they really do connect. You see when I was on my medication I had to stop working out. I didn't feel safe going to the gym by myself when the treadmill was in front of a brick wall. And home workouts were out of the question due to my lack of energy.

Unfortunately, it has become a lot harder to get back into my precious workouts then it was to stop. I miss that time where I knew that my body was working and how to listen to it. I spent a lot of that time clearing my head and talking to God. My first few workouts since have been hard. I have had to cut them shorter than normal and my body is not responding in the way it normally would. I miss it all.
I am working hard to get back into shape. Into training my body to respond in the way it used to when the rubber met the road weekly. I want to be healthy again. I want to be fit. I want to get back into my habit of healthy living. I want discipline!
July is going to be a crazy month here on the blog as I try a few new challenges. I am looking to start the Whole30 program. In addition I am going to start the Couch to 5k program and a 30 Day Ab Challenge. And I want to do some sort of photo challenge as well. Wow totally just got side tracked by challenges I found on Google. There might be more to this list my the time I am done... Needless to say July is being labeled CHALLENGE MONTH!
Do you know that it takes twenty-one to twenty-eight days to form a habit. That is three weeks to a month to form a simple habit. However if you miss one day in that time frame you have to start all over...
habit |ˈhabit|
noun
1 a settled or regular tendency or practice, esp. one that is hard to give up : this can develop into a bad habit | we stayed together out of habit.
• informal an addictive practice, esp. one of taking drugs : a cocaine habit.
"all at once." ~Graffiti

No comments:

Post a Comment