Wednesday, June 5, 2013

Prologue

"She gets goosebumps from tiny, perfect things. Seeing the stars. Fruit trees in bloom."
Currently
Reading:
"Canary Island Song" by Robin Jones Gunn

Close this window

Watching: How I Met Your Mother


Listening: "Fix You" by Coldplay


When you try your best, but you don't succeed
When you get what you want, but not what you need
When you feel so tired, but you can't sleep
Stuck in reverse

And the tears come streaming down your face
When you lose something you can't replace
When you love someone, but it goes to waste
Could it be worse?

Lights will guide you home
And ignite your bones
And I will try to fix you
"The scent of dinner from a neighbor's house, a phone call at the right time, a bar of exotic choicolate."

"She keeps a list in her wallet of the gorgeous parts of everyday: maple leaves, new perfume, slow-cooked tomato sauce."

Today closes out my twenty-third year. Life is still not what I thought it was going to be when I started this blog two years ago. This YEAR has not been what I thought it was going to be. But I have survived. I have fought. I am here. NO ONE can take that away from me. My scars are proof. They will never leave. I can still feel them as if they are brand new some days and others I have to search them out.

I have gained twenty pounds since my surgery. I still haven't gotten back in to my full work out routine. I miss my photography. My diet has been less than stellar. My hair is a mess. And I'm STILL not in school. That's my summary of what I haven't/am not.
What I am is alive. I am tumor free. I am a fighter. I am learning. I am stronger. I am more confident. I am at peace, or at least as close to peace as I've been in a while.
I am a traveler, a daughter, a sister, an aunt, a friend. A dispatcher, counselor, teacher, helper, encourager. I love to cook and organize and take pictures. 
 
I was, am, and will be.

Good bye twenty-three... Tomorrow is a new day, a new design, a new plan.

"She adds to it all the time. She is rich with wonder."
 I am her

No comments:

Post a Comment