Thursday, June 6, 2013

Jolie

"Today is the"
Currently
Reading: "The Westing Game
" by Ellen Raskin
This was a book I read as a child that I am now re-reading as an adult. I linked these back to Scholastic Books because they were the a main resource for my love of books as a child.


 
 Watching: Graceland
This is the brand new pilot introduced by USA on my birthday! I love it already.


Listening: "A Thousand Years" by Christina Perri
I am not a twi-hard. I just love the words to this song. Just close your eyes and listen.


Time stands still
Beauty in all she is
I will be brave
I will not let anything take away
What's standing in front of me
Every breath
Every hour has come to this

One step closer


"tomorrow we worried"
Twenty-four is here. It's now. Eleven months ago my world unraveled. Nine and a half months ago I wasn't sure if I would ever wake up again. The minutes have become hours, the hours into days. And the days into weeks, and months, and now almost a year.
I have peace. I have hope. I have dreams. Things most people thought would shatter in the wake of all I've fought through. I have allowed myself to want again.  I don't know what that means. I don't know where it all will take me. But I want...
I want to be brave.
I want to feel strong.
I want to be healthy. (It's the new thin! In case you haven't heard before)
I want to be fashionable.
I want to be financially responsible.
I want to be generous.
I want to be pretty. I want to be jolie.
I want it to radiate from me, in a way that beauty can only come from the heart. I want to be a gentle missionary of grace. The proverbs thirty-one woman, not having to be the thirty-one wife.

I asked my mom about our twenty-four years together. I asked her about our highs and lows. At first she spouted off silly things. Things about a certain boy I shouldn't have dated. But then she realized that was not what I was searching for. She then began to tell me how much it hurt that I lied about not eating. Or that I really did lie about dating that boy. She told me how she loved my servants heart. That she loved how I was always willing to fight for the underdog. Loved that I was generous. I will hold those words in my heart until the day I die. I want to be the person my mom sees me as. Because she see's the best of who I am even in my worst moments.

At twenty-three i thought it was the end.  I laugh as I realize, it was only a new beginning.
2 Corinthians 5:17
Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, the new creation has come: The old has gone, the new is here!

"Twenty-Four" by Switchfoot


Twenty four oceans
Twenty four skies
Twenty four failures
Twenty four tries
Twenty four finds me
In twenty-fourth place
Twenty four drop outs
At the end of the day
Life is not what I thought it was
Twenty four hours ago

Still I'm singing Spirit take me up in arms with You
And I'm not who I thought I was twenty four hours ago
Still I'm singing Spirit take me up in arms with You

Twenty four reasons to admit that I'm wrong
With all my excuses still twenty four strong

See I'm not copping out not copping out not copping out
When You're raising the dead in me
Oh, oh I am the second man
Oh, oh I am the second man now
Oh, oh I am the second man now

My ever so wonderful birthday "cake"
"about yesterday." ~Anonymous


No comments:

Post a Comment