Wednesday, May 2, 2012

My Machine

"The body is..."
Currently:
Reading: Would love to buy "Twist It Up" by Chef Jack Witherspoon  
If you haven't heard about this check him out on the link. He's twelve and changing his world!
 
It's your life
What you gonna do?
The world is watching you
Every day the choices you make
Say what you are and who
Your heart beats for
It's an open door
It's your life

"a machine which..."
So as promised, I'm checking off another of the aforementioned blogs. And in case the title wasn't hint enough...

Over the past few years I've discovered that my body is a very fickle thing! It always warns me when it's had enough, lacking some important things, and not giving it what it really wants. So it came as no surprise to me when my body started speaking to me loud and clear that the machine was breaking down!
As I think I've said enough lately, I had been feeling like I was in a funk lately. This included my physical body. I had an ear infection a couple of months ago and I lost my motivation to workout. And I had gotten lazy about finding places that offered healthy vegetarian food, so I've been eating white meat and seafood. And I haven't felt this yucky in a few years. So junk food is getting thrown out, the workouts are getting back on schedule, and I am going to be me again- in the best possible way!!!  I worked out twice today!
Heads up: If you are a male, I love that you are reading my blog; however you might want to stop here on this one!
 But I did have a scary moment this week that really made me realize how much my body is a machine. I almost wound up in the ER Sunday morning! It was funny how quickly I deteriorated actually. I went to work Sunday morning and within an hour I started my cycle; an hour after that I was going home and almost the emergency room. I have rarely been that frightened in my life. I was cramping, burning up, light headed, dizzy, nauseous, and actually ended up vomiting once I got home. It was awful. My coworkers were asking me if I wanted an ambulance to come check me out because I was pale and only semi-responsive. When I went to the urgent care center, I was told that the reason my body acted like that was because I was in so much pain from cramping that my body went into overdrive, trying to fend off the pain. MISERABLE doesn't begin to cover it, and I am thankful they have given me something to combat this should it ever get this bad again. I will not die because of a menstrual cycle!!! What an embarrassing way to go. So I am going to go take of my machine... by showering and relaxing before I lose some teeth tomorrow to the dentist!
"winds it's own springs." ~Julien Offroy de la Mettrie, L'Homme Machine

No comments:

Post a Comment