Sunday, May 13, 2012

Mother's May

"If you have a mom,"
Currently:
Reading: I got nothing, waiting for my latest book to come in.
Listening: "The Best Day" by Taylor Swift
 
Now I know why all the trees change in the fall
I know you were on my side
Even when I was wrong
And I love you for giving me your eyes
Staying back and watching me shine
 
And I didn't know if you knew
So I'm taking this chance to say
That I had the best day
With you today
"there is nowhere you are likely to go"
 When I was a little girl, there was nothing in the world I thought I'd rather be that a mother. I wanted a family that fulfilled Abraham's promise. A lot of things changed in that plan of mine, but that stayed the same the longest. Until one day it didn't.
I think the reason it was the thing that stayed with me the longest, is because I have such a great mom. Is she perfect? Not by any means. But this amazing woman, who I share my genes with, has, in my lifetime thus far, been called some variation of mom by at least two hundred people. And no that is not an exaggeration, but a truly accurate number. If it varies in anyway, I would say that it is under done. It started when I was a child, way before I understood its beauty. And now it is unfathomable to me how I was ever unsure about it.
I don't know if I will ever have children of my own, but I know that is the type of mom I want to be.
"where a prayer has not already been." ~Robert Brault

No comments:

Post a Comment