Sunday, April 15, 2012

Attached

"The past is strapped to our backs."
Currently:
Reading: Nothing really...
Watching:  "The Bounty Hunter"
Listening: "Where I Stood" by Missy Higgins

And I won't be far from where you are if ever you should call
You meant more to me than anyone I ever loved at all
But you taught me how to trust myself and so I say to you
This is what I have to do

'Cause I dont know who I am, who I am without you
All I know is that I should
And I don't know if I could stand another hand upon you
All I know is that I should
'Cause she will love you more than I could
She who dares to stand where I stood
Oh, she who dares to stand where I stood 

"We do not have to see it;"
 So Friday evening I got a text message from an ex-boyfriend/friend asking me if he could stay in my house. He's downstairs on an air mattress. It's reminding me a lot of the past. It's making me think a lot about the future (not with him). And it's eleven p.m. and my clothes are not picked out for tomorrow. So my thoughts will have to continue at a later time.
"We can always feel it." ~Mignon McLaughlin The Neurotic's Notebook 1960

No comments:

Post a Comment