Monday, April 30, 2012

Ancestry Part Deux

"Big sisters,"
Currently:
Reading: Work materials, love the feeling of being a student again!
Watching: The Voice
Listening: "Sisters" by Rosemary Clooney and Vera-Ellen (dubbed by Trudy Stevens)


Those who've
Seen us
Know that not a single thing can come between us

"are the crab grass,"

So if you've ever met my sister, you know that the only thing my sister and I have in common with these lyrics is that we both have them memorized.

As per last nights blog, I am trying to knock out some of the posts I haven't been able to share due to life and exhaustion getting in the way. So here goes... The sister blog.

It seems like, from the minute I was born, I was destined to be different then my sister. For as euro baby as I am... pale skinned, light haired (although it has darkened to a light brown), long limb-ed, and narrow framed as I am. My sister is the exact opposite, she is the Italian Stallion, olive skinned, dark hair that I called black as a child, stubby limbs, and wider frame. Not to say that my sister wasn't pretty in her own right,  its just that most people don't even believe we are sisters until they have known us for a while.
From as far back as I can go my sister and I have always been different. If I loved something, it wasn't her favorite thing. If I didn't like someone, she loved them. When I wanted a sister, she wanted to be my mother. I've always been one to take all the time I need, my sister has liked to jump in head first. Which is why my perfectly good trip was spoiled when I got home.
Because my sister married someone she had only dated for a few months without telling her family... and thus a big flare up ensued. And yet another crazy family member has been revealed.
"in the lawn of life." ~Charles M. Shultz

No comments:

Post a Comment