Sunday, February 12, 2012

For

"The only man I know who behaves sensibly is my tailor;

Currently:
Listening:"Someone Like You" by Adele

Never mind, I'll find someone like you
I wish nothing but the best for you too
Don't forget me, I beg
I remember you said,
"Sometimes it lasts in love but sometimes it hurts instead,
Sometimes it lasts in love but sometimes it hurts instead, "
Yeah
"he takes my measurements anew each time he sees me."
 You know the saying "To each his own" has taken on new meaning for me this week. Looking back, looking around, and looking into the future it is abundantly clear to me that while something may be right for some people, it may not necessarily be right for you. Whether, that may be the genre of music you listen to, the style of clothing you where, the food you choose to eat (or in my case not eat).
Most people would probably not be surprised to know that I like artists like Francesca Battistelli, but they may be surprised by the fact that I love Taylor Swift, that I dance out of my workouts to Lecrae, that my brother burned me a copy of Usher while I was in Junior High because my mom wouldn't let me listen to music like that and I loved it, and that while I would probably be classified as prep meets nerd my favorite band since I was still a kid is a punk rock Christian group called Relient K.
My clothes tell different stories everyday of the week. I grew up not a tomboy but not a girly girl either. I love hoodies and sneakers, but I would wear dresses and heels all the time if it would make sense. Pink is still my favorite color to this day.
Since I'm a vegetarian, most people probably wouldn't guess that I've had food from over twenty plus countries in my lifetime (guesstimate) most prepared by people from that actual country. Some of those countries include the Philippines, Sweden, Italy, Columbia, Puerto Rico, Honduras, Jamaica, Japan, India, and Israel.
I guess my point is that nobody fits in to this neat little box. And while the things I mentioned may be trivial, there are much deeper things weighing on my mind. Like the way we choose to take care of ourselves, or the way we view relationships, or how we choose to worship. There's never going to be one right way of anything. But there is only one God.
"The rest go on with their old measurements and expect me to fit them."~George Bernard Shaw

No comments:

Post a Comment