Sunday, July 31, 2011

Caesura

"There is nothing in the world,"
Currently:
Reading: Absolutely nothing again.... But I am getting "Crazy Love" by Hawk Nelson to read with "Crazy Love" by Francis Chan
Watching: In Plain Sight (Loving the witty sarcasm)
Listening:"You Are For Me" by Kari Jobe
You fill me. You see me. You know my every move
and You love for me to sing to You.
I know that You are for me. I know that You are for me.
I know that You will never,
forsake me in my weaknesses

I know that You have come now, even if to write upon my heart.
To remind me who You are.

 In case you haven't figured out my love of vocabulary by now, I think today's title has made it rather obvious. Caesura. It means a natural breathing space in a line of verse. The breathing space I'm taking right now.

This week has been a tad bit unconventional in that I worked only half of what I normally do and I went to the doctor. The doctor had some interesting things to say, and we still don't have solid answers just yet. However the majorly unpleasant portion was I can't take ANYTHING for my pain until my test results come back. I've also been trying to finalize the last few things I needed before my long awaited trip.
With all these different thoughts running through my head, I simply had to remind myself to take that deep breath, that break in the line of a verse. Because my God is for me. And I trust in Him.
So please excuse me as I take in my fresh air, and put it all on pause.
"...so much like prayer as music is."  ~William P. Merrill

No comments:

Post a Comment