Sunday, July 24, 2011

Content

 "We tend to forget that happiness doesn't come as a result of getting something we don't have,"
Currently:
Reading: Absolutely nothing.... However I really want to start "Crazy Love" by Francis Chan
Watching: Project Runway Season 7 (love the mad crazy creativity!)
Listening: "Brighter Day" Kirk Franklin

 I never knew I could be so happy
And I never knew I'd be so secure
Because of your love, life has brand new meaning
It's gonna be a brighter day, brighter day

My post last week was super short due to the fact that I worked 15 hrs and then got home and was passed around skype with 5 girls after I got home. The paragraph was all I could get out of my exhaustion. But today I had a nap and am ready to write.
While I was away at school one of the things I learned to love was asking each other what the Lord was teaching us. We all go through different things at different times and in different ways. I always found in those moments that there was so much wisdom. That we could all take something out of what everyone was learning.
So when I had the opportunity the other day to ask a dear friend and mentor what she had been learning and she too had been learning about being grateful it overwhelmed by heart that we could share in that. I truly believe a grateful heart is the beginning of joy. The Bible definitely says godliness with contentment is great gain. 
We live in a world where nothing is ever enough, and there is always something to complain about. The more we are surrounded by it the easier it is for God-lovers to fall into this trap of thinking complaining is the norm. But we forget the part of the verse in Philippians where it says "with thanksgiving in your heart, present your requests to God". I certainly have been found guilty before of finding all the problems. However God has been reminding that there is always some good in the bad. I am so blessed. And I have found joy in his providing for me.
So what are you thankful for?
In other news, please pray with me as I will be going to the doctor this week to hopefully get a diagnosis for all the health problems I've been having.
"...but rather of recognizing and appreciating what we do have."  ~Frederick Keonig

No comments:

Post a Comment