Thursday, April 4, 2013

Awakening

 "On reflection, "

Currently
Reading:
"The Sisterhood Of The Traveling Pants" by Ann Brashares
Watching: "Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants"

Source: YouTube
Listening: "22" by Taylor Swift


Source: Vevo.com

I don't know about you but I'm feeling 22
Everything will be alright if you keep me next to you
You don't know about me but I bet you want to
Everything will be alright if we just keep dancing like we're 22, 22

"one of the things I needed to learn was"
When you are child you believe in everything and think that nothing will ever change; when you grow up you realize that you can't believe in everything and that nothing stays the SAME.

 I love "The Sisterhood" for bringing me closer to my childhood friends when we were younger, but at the same time I think it gave us false hope hat we would be together forever. I realized within this past month how UNTRUE that was. I will always love my dear friend, growing up she was more my sister than my own. But our lives have taken separate paths. And for some reason she's chosen to walk away from me.
Growing up is hard on a friendship. There’s no revelation in that.
I remember my mom once told me that a good family is built for
leaving, because that is what children must do. And I’ve wondered
many times, is that also what a good friendship is supposed to be
built for? Because ours isn’t. We have no idea how to cope with the
leaving. And I’m probably the worst of all. If you need a picture,
picture this: me putting my hands over my eyes, pretending the leav-
ing isn’t happening, waiting for us all to be together again.
"Sisterhood Everlasting: Prologue" by Ann Brashares

But that's not what this is about. It's about growing up, growing older, CHANGING. 

I yearn for a day where I will feel settled again. Where I can finally feel safe. Where I can belong. Where I can share a heart with someone else. Because that is what the sisterhood is about. Being together even when you a million miles apart. Learning to shine on your own while you are basking in the glory of your friends.


I am learning how love people again... and maybe even letting other people love me. I'm growing, I'm hurting, I am healing.

Teach me O God to walk in your truth.

"to allow myself to be loved." ~Isha McKenzie-Mavinga

No comments:

Post a Comment