Thursday, May 2, 2013

Mannerisms

 "A phone call from an old friend, just when you needed it. The sound after a snowfall. A perfect peach."

Currently
Reading:
Fahrenheit 451 by Ray Bradbury
Watching: Remember Sunday

Listening: "Firefly" by Jimmy Needham


It's tulips and it's daisies
Your favorite flowers lately
You think that I ain't listening, but you know I do
With your two lips on me baby
My head starts getting dazey
Don't give me a flower
What I want is you 

"A moment of sheer confidence. Finding the right words. Feeling strong. Knowing the answer. Green lights."

It's funny how you blindly pick up habits of the people around you. They sneak their way into your system unknowingly. And then one day they catch you off guard.

Over the past few days I have found myself automatically making gestures and comments that almost feel wired into my DNA. Nothing major or life altering. Mostly simple things I almost don't notice and that at the very last second... I do. Things like bouncing my shoulders when I get excited. Or shouting Auy Guay! Or pull my hair half back loosely in a clip. Simple things that make no difference in the grand scheme of it all, but make a marked difference in the day to day.

It is in those miments that I feel them with me. I feel their love for me and I love them so dearly. I lived life with them everyday for long periods of time. They bring joy to my life. They put smiles on my face. I carry them with me. They are a part of me.

"New growth. A compliment. Quiet time. Sudden laughter."

No comments:

Post a Comment