Sunday, February 5, 2012

Letters to Baby P: Just Be

Dear Baby P,

I've been a very bad aunt!!! I'm a week late on writing to you precious baby!  Some day you will understand that being a grown-up means that you live your life in a crazy rush, and there just doesn't seem to be enough time to fit it all in. All while trying to just fit in.
I hope that by the time you are old enough to feel like you are rushing to fit everything in and fighting just to "fit in", we'll have it all figured out. But I doubt it. So I will prepare you with these words:
You are beautiful beyond measure, you don't have to fit into to someone's else idea of what beauty is. You are talented, in your own right and own ways. Don't let anyone ever tell you that you are "too much" or "not enough" for them. You aren't too young, too skinny, too fat, too quiet, too loud, too shy, too outgoing, too athletic, or too girly. You are just you. And you are perfect. There is no one else like you, and we couldn't imagine another you if we tried.

Oh yes, you shaped me first inside, then out;
      you formed me in my mother's womb.
   I thank you, High God—you're breathtaking!
      Body and soul, I am marvelously made!
      I worship in adoration—what a creation!
   You know me inside and out,
      you know every bone in my body;
   You know exactly how I was made, bit by bit,
      how I was sculpted from nothing into something.
   Like an open book, you watched me grow from conception to birth;
      all the stages of my life were spread out before you,
   The days of my life all prepared
      before I'd even lived one day. 

 I hope you understand my dear. I hope you believe this. I hope you never spend a day in the mirror tearing yourself apart. I hope you don't become a part of this growing epidemic. I hope you know you were loved from the moment we knew you were coming into this world. No one or nothing will ever change that. And we can't wait to see the person you'll be.

But until then we'll be waiting... 
with open arms!
Love Aunt Tricia

No comments:

Post a Comment