Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Moiety

"When our families are at home,"
Currently:
Reading: Re-reading "Learning" by Karen Kingsbury
Watching: Smallville (Oh the teenage memories of a superhero!)
Listening:"The Best Day" by Taylor Swift

I don't know why all the trees change in the fall
I know you're not scared of anything at all
Don't know if Snow White's house is near or far away
But I know I had the best day
With you today
"we have to think of all their good points..."
 Sorry for the delay friends. I have been in the company of my family for the past four days. And a majority of today was spent cleaning up the aftermath of both them and my accident.
Being with my family wasn't exactly hard on my media fast, but it was definitely hard on my spirit. I love them from a distance but it's difficult to have six people in a two-bedroom house. It's also difficult typing left handed. Being surrounded by my family every waking hour is not something I am used to. And this quote was so fitting at moments. It didn't help that my lovely "flesh wound" from the accident has turned in to a royal pain, due to the nerve I disrupted. I'm disheartened to say my earthly flesh definitely won out quite a few times over the four-day weekend with my family. Between my family and my injury, I had so many moments to stand up, but I failed. Which is why I am so thankful "the beauty of grace is that it makes life not fair". Because despite my short comings, God is still intervening in the moments I fail. I definitely feel him moving. I definitely trust Him in providing for the things I need. And I'm turning everything I have over. "For the moments I feel faint". But I pray for all of you, that we will persevere. I pray we use wisdom. I pray that we stop, in all of this world's white noise, to hear the answers we're so desperate longing for. That we get out of our own way, so that God can do things His way. Because I know what life looks like when I do it all on my own.
"...or it would be impossible to endure them." ~George Bernard Shaw

No comments:

Post a Comment